Search This Blog

Friday 15 June 2012

Launching my blog

Hello film fan.


After a slightly half-hearted attempt to start a film blog at the start of my final year at University - bad idea - I have decided to use my precious Summer holiday time before I start my Journalism diploma to tell you all about the best, and worst films I have seen this year. 


With so many big blockbuster releases in the recent months it's been a great year for film, with epics such as The Hunger Games, Avengers: Assemble and Prometheus in particular all filling me with awe.


This blog does not aim to be high-brow and talk down to people: I have studied film in modules at University and enjoy watching film with a critical eye, but this blog will give a descriptive, but not spoiler-filled, overview of the film and then tell you, like a friend, why it's good, why it's bad and whether you should spend your precious time and money on seeing this film.


I have also created a grading system, comprised of what I think makes a good film, in order to give each film an accurate score out of twenty and provide you with a simple reference.
Each film will be awarded marks on the following: (this totals 25 and is converted to a percentage)

  • Lives up to expectation  __/2
  • Scenery/Effects __/3
  • Eye Candy __/2
  • Quality of Acting __/3
  • Plot __/5
  • Quality of film within it's genre __/10


So I hope you enjoy reading about the big cinema hits and those that you may have missed and waiting to see on DVD.


C x

No comments:

Post a Comment